Friday, April 24, 2009

Blogging Not Only a Hobby But a Therapy

Blogging Not Only a Hobby But a Therapy

On the 19th of April 2009 which is a Sunday, I came across this interesting article which I would love to share with all of you (as if I have a lot of readers). This article was published in a local daily "The Borneo Post" and it's also available online here on "Bernama's" website but with the published date a day earlier.



I found what has been written in that article is true. As for myself, blogging can really release a lot of stress that is lying within. In real life, there are a lot of things that bother us (at least, there are a lot of things that bother me). When things happen, you are so filled with stress and anger and it helps a lot when you have the opportunity to share the bad experience with someone else. Of course it happens when you are happy and joyful also. Just that happiness is easier to be kept to yourself compared to anger.

Somehow, there are times when I found it hard to verbally share my problems with someone. By sharing it verbally, it means that I have to recall and repeat the sad story once again and the more I talked about it, the worse I feel and it doesn't help at all to share it with friends. Besides, I don't want to be tagged under the category "the living being with complaints". Thus, most of the time, I decided to keep things to myself hoping that the trouble will dissipate over time. Nevertheless, there are those days when your complaints are so overwhelming that by choosing to keep quiet may cause one to lose sanity.

The best way that I have found... blog it. It's your blog and you can blog whatever you want in your blog. Blog it, tag it and let the whole world search it and read it. It's alright when there are no responses to your posts. At least I know that my thoughts are posted and they can be accessed anytime by anyone, anywhere. When you get comments on your post... Ummph... That's how it feels.

There are then sad times when we have the freedom of speech but no freedom after speech. You can write, you can say and you can voice out whatever you have in your mind but sometimes when you are not careful, you might land yourself in trouble. Who to blame? I do not know. Is moderation the answer? No idea. What's a democracy when the practice is limited to certain subjects only.

Now, enough about politic. I really adore and salute bloggers like Kenny Sia. It's not easy to write and express your thoughts when millions of people are reading your work and watching over you. One thing for sure, it's impossible to satisfy everyone. Mr A likes your post but Mr B thinks its a bull shit. People like Kenny Sia must have gone under lots of pressures and critics throughout his blogging years. However, I am very sure he enjoys it (sorry if I am wrong).

Back to blogging to realease stress, a lot of people started to blog but stopped upon the 5th or 6th entries. Reasons... run out of ideas, no visitors, no motivations... If that's true, don't worry. HappyMan is here for you. Email me your thoughts, lamentations, complaints and regrets as well as gladness, joy and happiness. I will post it here for you, with your identity kept secret. Comment and send me an email now at 5haringoflife@gmail.com. Tick tock, tick tock, I am waiting...

No comments:

Post a Comment